Painter Barb Sherin

Barb Sherin is an entrepreneur and self-taught painter, who at a very young age, was bit by the fashion bug. Her interest in designing had her juggling both senior year in High School and training at The French Fashion Academy in New York City. She attended Parsons School of Design and was shortly introduced to the music industry. At the same time, she pursued her passion for painting. Her collaboration with Pioneer Hip Hop Photographer, Al Pereria, landed her paintings in magazines with recording artists, Schoolly D, MC Ren, Yoyo, Tevin Campbell, Wu Tang Clan, and more. 




Where are you based right now and where are you from?

I’m a native New Yorker. However, I currently live and work in NYC and Barcelona.


Barb Sherin

What landed your paintings in magazines with recording artists? Please share with us about your entrepreneurial journey. 

In the early 90's I met Pioneer Hip Hop Photographer, Al Pereria. He suggested my artwork as backdrops for his photo shots. He's is a wonderful photographer..I'm very grateful for the opportunity and exposure he gave my art behind such amazing artists. 

As for my entrepreneurial journey… In 1999, I joined forces with Golden-Age Hip Hop Lyricist Lin Que…besides being best friends we worked together …it got to a point we looked at each other one day and asked “why don’t we start our own company?” Queb was born. Lin has moved on to become a brilliant film writer and director. I continue as a full time artist at Barb Sherin and Creative Director at Queb.


Barb Sherin


Growing up in the 80s and early 90s in NYC, how has it influenced you and your artworks and art style? 

Wow, the 80’s & 90’s … I was just a kid, but It was Pure Energy… I totally felt surrounded by creativity…used to enjoy roaming the city in search of street art. Basquiat & Haring were definitely artists that influenced my thought process during that time and in my opinion I feel they had quite a bit to do with elevating street art. As for the early 90’s I was introduced to the music industry…then the fabulous fusion of music and fashion. Although, to me it always existed but the combo became popular and it was great watching designers incorporate music within their work. They were years that helped me grow as an artist and will be engraved in my brain and most of all my heart.

Barb Sherin

Where do you draw your inspiration from?

Through the years, living abroad and experiencing different cultural environments is a big part of my creative process. ”Painting is my life. It lets me express everyday life… whether inspired by Someone… Something… Somewhere… a Moment."

Barb Sherin

More info:




Popular Posts