Contemporary R&B/Soul artist Ziyaad Luceō


Ziyaad Luceō is the alias of the Toronto contemporary R&B/Soul artist. For 7 years, he has worked and polished his craft through constant drive and dedication to the process. Ziyaad has been releasing music since 2014. In 2017, he released a two-set series of EPs entitled ‘Late Night Calls’ and ‘CHANNEL: Division’ where he wrote, recorded and engineered each record independently. He gained connections to a number of producers and engineers, cultivating a network of artists covering the multiple aspects of creating and producing music. With these relationships, Ziyaad released three singles called “Lay You Down”, “On the Down-Low” and "The One". He is currently finalizing a debut project for release on all streaming platforms. 


Tell us more about your music and the aesthetics around the art?

Music has always been apart of my life. Frankly, I can't see my life without it. From the time I wake up to the time I go to bed, I live, breathe and consume this passion that's given me clarity with each step I take forward. I try to expand my listener's imagination and creativity with my work. Creating and sharing stories that can help people through hard times and also their day to day life. I always stand by the statement "the music will speak for itself", because it will. Being honest with yourself and your work really opens the door to discover new talents and confidence. 

Music is ultimately moods and emotions manifested. I try to convey a mood or energy with each song that can be relatable to my audience. Life has taught me to love the mystery of things and enjoy the ride. So I like to play the mysterious game with my fans and have them enjoy the music while also anticipating my next move, not knowing what direction I will take. Growing up around Toronto (specifically the suburbs of Brampton), my friends and I often travelled Downtown Toronto and soak in the city's vibes. We would go from 12PM-1AM some days, we were crazy! But the energy of exploring new places left a mark on me. I try to bring that nighttime aesthetic to life through my visuals and my music. It helps my audience and fans put themselves in the world I created sonically and visually. 

Ziyaad Luceo

When and how did your brand/record label, Outlier Entertainment (OE) begin?

Outlier Entertainment (OE) is a brand/record label I created in 2014. Starting as an idea, OE was used to represent the collective of artists I worked with at the time. I worked with a lot of great artists whom I learned a lot from. But just like art, people grow and go in different directions. I always wanted to be able to help people with the process of being a musician in the industry. This belief changed the way I saw music and what I wanted to accomplish with OE. Here at Outlier, we support growth and development. Behind every great artist is a passionate team and support line. I'm thankful for the people I have worked with. That's the crew! 

The purpose of OE is to be a movement that creates amazing high-quality content for the world to enjoy. The main product will always be music and sound recordings, but the goal is to expand into merchandise and visuals (photography, videography and film). OEOEOEOE 



What are your future goals and aspirations?

My goals for the future are to create and release more great music and expand OE. I always want to be the best artist I can be, day in day out. I've learned to trust in the process of your development. So my immediate aspirations are to keep getting better and mastering my craft. Really looking forward to the future and reaching new fans and expand OE's audience worldwide. 



Which are your most recent singles? What is/are the theme/s? Which is your favorite piece?

My most recent single, "The One" was released mid-April. I took a year hiatus from releasing any content. I released two project relatively in the span of a year (2017-2018). So I needed time to recharge and focus on growing the work and movement. Once I returned in November 2019 with "Lay You Down", it reminded me of how much I love sharing music. I love sparking conversations on music with fans and ultimately music lovers. Ever since "Lay You Down" was released, I was committed to attaching experiences to the music. For example, "On the Down-Low" is an energetic record with a dark undertone that talks about hustling and staying low-key. Attaching fast cars and night life visuals was the perfect blend to represent the theme of the song. 

I don't actually have favourites of my songs. I enjoy all my work and appreciate the times I created them in. It's a process and one of the steps you have to make is just appreciating the work you can do and present to the world. There are songs that get a lot more replays than others but I can say that I enjoyed all my work I've made equally. 



Who did you work with prior for this debut project? What is the most memorable moment? 

I'm blessed to say that I worked with great people that I regard as brothers for this project coming up. I got to work with some of the most talented producers and people I've met to date. The Chahal brothers, Navjot (@navc__) an Harjot (@harjotchahal), gave me the space to create original work and build great chemistry. They're both unique artists in their own way even though they're brothers. I realized from early that they both brought something special to the table and had a lot of potential within the music industry. It was a no-brainer to have them be the executive producers on this forthcoming project. My childhood friend, Elijah (@elijxh.m) was there throughout the creation process, sharing support and advice. Elijah is a talented portrait and street photographer, he had a hand in some of the visuals I have. Finally shoutout to my engineer, Adam Buckley (@abuckleyaudio), he was the final piece that helped bring the songs to life. Looking forward to releasing this next body of work so everyone can see what we can do. I'm really appreciative of their talents, work ethic and motivational attitudes toward being great. They motivate me to be better. 

I honestly can't remember an exact memory right now, but looking back on some times you realize that the good always outweighs the bad. There were a lot of ups and downs but you can't stop greatness. No matter how hard you try. Everything happens for a reason. No cap. OE




More info:


Popular Posts