Interview with David Hernandez of Pacific Collection Group

Customer service is the pinnacle that all businesses are founded on. Pacific Collection Group is a group of people who believe in this idea and deliver on it every day. David Hernandez is PCG's client manager and acts as a figurehead for the company. He has been working with them for years and understands what makes Pacific Collection Group so great. The group works with an incredibly diverse group of clients and ensures that each one receives excellent customer service. While PCG collects debt, they always make sure to treat those that owe the debt with the utmost respect. Approaching debtors with politeness will always increase their chances of paying what they owe.



Hernandez is no rookie whenever it comes to the business. He has extensive experience in real estate and dominated the market during his time in the circuit. However, he wanted to pursue other passions in his life and would soon move on. He felt that he could provide value in the world of debt collection. Hernandez is an advocate that all individuals that work for Pacific Collection Group become familiar with how the law affects debt-collection. It is crucial to ensuring that no mistakes are made whenever trying to collect a debt.

The future of PCG looks incredibly bright with David on its side. Integrity, hard work, and passion are the driving forces of PCG's mission statement. The sky is the limit for this ethical debt collection group when it comes to success.

How did you get started in the debt collection industry?

I had been working in real estate for a very long time. I felt as if I could challenge the status quo more by working in a field that would put pressure on me. An event would bring me towards PCG. This company has changed my life and allowed me to have more opportunities than I have ever had before.

What has been the biggest accomplishment in your career?

I was able to close an account from a client that owed a large amount of money while working for PCG. The client in question was very resistant to paying anything on the account. They felt as if they had been cheated out of their money. I was able to talk to them like a human being for once in their lives. A few minutes of conversation had them change their tune and they decided to pay off the account. It was a big win for our company, and I felt very accomplished.

Is debt collection your biggest passion?

It is my biggest passion in life. Working for PCG has opened many doors for me. I am incredibly thankful to work for this company. While some see it as a heartless business, I see it as an opportunity to help my clients and help debtors remove debt from their accounts and start over.

What motivates you?

I have always wanted to help people utilizing my talents. I motivate myself every day to go to work and do my best with this principle in mind. I am helping people with the talents that I have in the debt collection industry.

How do you stay ahead of the competition?

While PCG is ahead of the curve, I always do my research to keep us there. I am constantly looking at various ways to improve how I handle debt collection tactics and other management skills. I spend at minimum one hour a day to learn more about skills that I can implement into my routine. It has changed my life.


Which business leaders, past or present, have inspired you the most?

Bill Gates is one of my biggest inspirations in life. The fact that he came from virtually nothing and built an empire is incredible. All of these great things were simply waiting to be unleashed in his mind. I find a lot of inspiration in what he did during those early years whenever he was creating the Microsoft brand.


What is the next step for you?

We are looking to gain more accounts here at PCG. We have always been a growth-orientated company that never stops improving.

What are some of your favorite tools and resources for your work?

I always make sure to use Google Docs. This free service is incredibly beneficial for me and everyone at PCG. It can help you stay organized whenever you need it the most. I recommend that everyone use Google Docs to some degree to keep yourself sane [laughs].

Debt collection can be taxing, how do you relax?

There are some days that I feel absolutely drained. This can hurt my motivation the next day if I do not find time to take care of myself. One of my favorite things to do is to watch Netflix. Watching television shows gets my mind off of things and helps me relax.

What advice do you have for others who want to enter your sector?

You must develop a thick skin and also know how to compromise with other people if you wish to succeed.

Popular Posts