Interview with entrepreneur Dwayne Harmon

Kentucky native Dwayne Harmon began his career working for Sykes Enterprises during the mid to late 1990s. As their technical trainer, and eventually operations manager, Harmon was responsible for developing and managing teams to provide various types of support for all of the new technology.

In the mid-2000s, after Dwayne Harmon moved to Florida, he started getting into digital marketing, managing pay-per-click campaigns, and search engine optimization. He’s managed entire sales funnels for various companies, starting in digital and eventually growing into radio and television marketing. He’s also developed various sales processes to help these companies with lead management, including helping to create the contact management systems needed to handle the lead training.

Dwayne Harmon is currently the owner and president of Metanoia Marketing & Business Consulting Inc. in Jacksonville, Florida.



What are some red flags to watch out for in daily life?

I think it's important to believe in yourself, but you have to be humble. If not, business will humble you in a great way. When something's your fault, or you got something wrong, admit it. I've worked for many people who would never admit wrong in that situation. Watch out for people like that. Having humility in business and life, in general, is one of the keys to people respecting you and being able to lead people.

What person has been the biggest influence in your life and why?

That would be my wife. I've been married for almost 19 years, and we came from the same place. I've had a lot of success, and she's the one that keeps me grounded. She keeps me focused on who I am. When you’re an entrepreneur, people will like to tell you how wonderful you are. My wife thinks I'm wonderful, too, but she knows that I'm not as wonderful as they think I am at the end of the day, in a positive way. She keeps me grounded and gives me a reason to continue to work, want to work, and to be able to provide a wonderful life for her. She certainly keeps me centered.

What legacy do you hope to leave behind?

I think the charitable organizations that I'm working with are going to be what will leave a real legacy, in terms of being able to help people long-term. For me, more important than the money is how the money can do good to help humanity overall. So, my legacy would hopefully be related to working with these charitable organizations and being able to provide them with something of lasting value that goes far beyond money.

What was the best thing that happened to you today?

The thing about being an entrepreneur or business owner is that if you're not excited about work every day, then it becomes extremely difficult. So, I'm always excited to get up, come into work, and face the challenges of the day. I love working with the Metanoia Marketing team. The most exciting thing for me, every day, is waking up and knowing that I’m an entrepreneur. To a degree, I’m the master of my own destiny if I can motivate our people to be the best version of themselves. It's always exciting to be able to come in and work with a great team of people.

What do you think is the meaning of life?

Ultimately, I think the meaning of life is service to others. If we’re not serving others in terms of investing in employees, people, or things that are meaningful to society, then I think the meaning of life can be summed up with that. I believe we are on earth to serve other people, and by serving other people, that’s where the greatest fulfillment comes from.

Popular Posts