Dr. Robert A. Jason on cosmetic gynecology

To be a world-renowned leader in your profession, you have to train with the best in your industry, such as Dr. Robert A. Jason, Medical Director of Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Institute of New York and the Center for Sexual Medicine. He has been board certified since 1989 and has recertified every year since. He is certified by the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and the American Institute of Ultrasound and Medicine.

Dr. Jason was born on Long Island in New York. He went to Franklin & Marshal College for his undergraduate studies then to New York Medical College. He had his residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Long Island Jewish Medical Center. After completing his residency, he launched The Great Neck Women's Medical Care Facility. The First Woman’s Imaging Center on Long Island for high-risk pregnancy testing, obstetrical and gynecological ultrasound and comprehensive breast evaluation using mammography, ultrasound needle biopsy and genetic testing.

In 2008 he partnered with twenty physicians and opened ExAblate Physicians of Metropolitan, NY. The facility performed Magnetic Resonance-guided Focus Ultrasound MRgFUS, to non-invasively ablate uterine fibroids. He likes to refer it as the earliest form of “Star Trek” medicine.

In 2004 Dr. Robert A Jason began practicing cosmetic gynecology and launched the Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Institute of New York. After this, he launched the Center for Sexual Medicine for male and female optimization of health with new technologies, Bioidentical Hormones and Advanced Cellular Medicine.


Tell us a bit about what you do.

I am board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology and have won Best Aesthetic Surgery Honors from the International Society for Cosmetic Gynecology in 2015 and 2019 in cosmetic gynecology. I take care of anything from basic gynecological conditions such as pelvic pain, fibroids, vaginitis, precancer, and surgery. I also do cosmetic gynecology which encompasses restoring and rejuvenating the vaginal canal and the external vaginal cavity to its pre-pregnancy state in terms of anatomy and sexual function both physically and cosmetically. It also repairs Urinary Stress Incontinence without Mesh when indicated.

What gave you the idea for the Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Institute of New York? How did it start?

Dr. Matlock is the modern-day pioneer of cosmetic gynecology. I read an article in the Newspaper about David Matlock in 2003. It was about him opening up the Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Institute of Los Angeles. We had a lengthy conversation. I flew out to California to train with him. I learned how to perform cosmetic gynecological procedures. Soon after, I was able to open the Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Institute of New York.


What’s your favorite thing about your chosen profession?

My favorite thing about my chosen profession is that I can help people and make them feel better and perform better in their daily lives, physically, mentally, and sexually.

What keys to being productive can you share with us?

What made me most productive was being thorough and making sure that my knowledge and surgical skills are of the utmost expertise long before I provide new treatments to my practice. Another important point is to learn from world-renowned leaders. I have focused my whole career on learning from the best to become the best.

Tell us one long-term goal in your career.

Personally, my goal is to be happy, healthy and successful. Professionally, my long-term goal is to pioneer techniques that can change the course of someone's life. I would like to continue to develop and improve on new technologies and new surgical techniques, as I have for most of my professional career.

What’s the most valuable lesson you’ve learned through the course of your career?

The most valuable lesson that I have learned throughout my career to always look for cutting-edge technologies to improve patient’s outcome. I always encourage patients to provide an honest patient history since the solution for 90% of medical problems come from an accurate history. Then having multiple treatment options for patients is also a major advantage.

What advice would you give to others aspiring to succeed in your field?

The advice I would give to anyone aspiring to be successful in this field is to be thorough, conscientious, and to learn from the best.

What are your favorite things to do outside of work?

The things I like to do the most are, spending time with my family, practicing yoga, and traveling.

Name a few influential books you’ve read and/or websites you keep up with that you’d recommend to readers.

For a book, I would recommend The Road Less Traveled by M. Scott Peck M.D. For influential websites, it would be The Harvard Health Review, The Mayo, Clinic and Web MD

What advice would you give your younger self?

The advice that I would give my younger self is to always remember that life is short, and we need to celebrate each day.

More info:


Popular Posts