Jameskii hosts Jingle Jam and helps to raise over $3 million for charity

As a content creator, James “Jameskii” Prime has one primary focus: to make people happy. Through his work making comedic videos on YouTube, he entertains, informs, and connects with viewers from across the globe. If even for a moment, someone watching his video laughs while having a tough day, he feels he has done his job. He makes videos because he has a passion for it, especially if it can bring a smile to someone’s face.


Jameskii’s reach is worldwide, with 1.4 million subscribers on YouTube and over 150,000 followers on Twitch. He has over 170 million views on his videos, mainly doing comedy and video game play montages. His content includes brand endorsements, such as a video promoting the game Ring of Elysium for Tencent Games, as well as a Virtual Reality series, which has become immensely popular among his fans.

“Bizarre is probably the best word to describe my style of video making. I never stick to one style, I never stick to one type of video. I always change something, let it be something major or minor. I like to experiment and find things that bring the most joy for my viewers and me as a creator. As of now, I try to become more consistent with my content, but I don’t feel like giving up on my unusual style. I like it even though sometimes I look back at my older videos and find all sorts of small things nobody cares about that bother me and make me feel like I could’ve done them differently. I guess my bizarre style is also one of the reasons why my content is beloved by so many people – you never know what to expect from me, in a good way,” he said.

Last year proved to be an extraordinary one for Jameskii. Not only did he see a sharp increase in subscribers and followers, but he also got to attend several events that allowed him to meet his fans and fellow creators. He attended Twitchcon in October, and in December, he co-hosted Yogscast Jingle Jam. The Christmas Livestreams, also known as the Yogscast Jingle Jam, are a series of livestreams that are shown over the course of December each year with the intention to raise money for various charities.

“It was a cool experience I will never forget. I flew over to London and had a two-and-a-half hour long train ride to Bristol where the livestream was supposed to happen, and I can say it was worth it. I learned a lot from this livestream, and it will definitely help me improve as a person. It was also a pleasure to join my good friends to have fun together and raise money for charity as well as bring a smile to our viewers. It was also nice having an office tour at Yogscast, it gave me a lot of fresh ideas and inspirations for my future studios,” he said.

Jameskii was invited to be a co-host for one of the most important days of the stream. Despite streaming for five days a week, up to nine hours a day, this was an entirely new beast. He was streaming for 22,000 live viewers, in an entirely new environment. While the idea of the livestream was fairly simple – just watch and comment on YouTube videos – there were many unexpected challenges that come with hosting a live event.

Initially, Jameskii was meant to be a special guest for that evening, but unfortunately, the co-host Simon fell ill moments before the stream began. Viewers all over the world had been waiting for the iconic duo of Lewis and Simon from Yogscast to host for the day, and thousands of viewers from other sides of the globe stayed awake just to hear the saddening news. The livestream could have been a disaster at that point, but Jameskii stepped in and filled Simon’s shoes, going from special guest to co-host.

“A lot of people look up to influencers and we have the power to encourage people to do a good deed or help somebody, so taking on the role of co-host for an important charity event was important. Influencers are here not only to promote themselves or their products, they’re also here to make the world a better place,” said Jameskii. “The bigger you are the higher influential power you have, and it doesn’t always have to be something to do with money. Sometimes your advice can change a person’s life in a good way forever.”


Jingle Jam raised over $3.3 million for its chosen charities, which included Cancer Research UK Call of Duty Endowment, International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association Mental Health Foundation, Special Effect, Save the Children, Wallace & Gromit's Grand Appeal, and Whale and Dolphin Conservation. Jameskii is extremely proud of his contributions to such an incredible charitable sum, and is happy that he helped make the world a better place. His goal, after all, is to make someone smile, and that money will make many people all over the world do just that.

“It makes me feel really proud that it’s even possible to begin with. Three million dollars raised for charity in under a month is an insane amount of money. It makes me proud not because of our influential power we use for a good deed but also because there are people in the world who’re glad to help someone in need. It wasn’t just three million people dropping a dollar, I’ve seen people donate $25, $50 and hundreds of dollars from time to time. The fact that some people are willing to be so generous to people in need makes me really happy inside and I’m also very glad we could encourage some people to be supportive to each-other,” he concluded.

Written by Annabelle Lee

Popular Posts