Professionally Provocative - Interview with Kyle S. Parsons

Kyle S. Parsons has been getting a lot of attention recently after the Rich Kids of Instagram, Daily Mail UK, and Bild (Germany) featured him in various articles. He has been receiving mixed reviews from people either hating him for being more well off and other people thinking its cool and wanting to be like him. Two years ago we conducted an interview with him and now we asked him again about his new book Professionally Provocative.


How has your social media channel evolved over the last few years?

You know, when I first interviewed with you guys a couple of years ago, I was at the peak of developing my 'Rich Kid if Instagram' image. I was very strict with the types of photos I posted, I spent a lot of time working on my posts and thinking how people would react to them. But slowly over the past year, I started posting more creative - edgy - risqué photos on my Instagram page. So they still fit with my 'rich kid' image, but added some flavor to otherwise "basic" photos. I added the phrase "Professionally Provocative" to my Instagram bio (which ended up being the title I used for my memoir) and I'm slowly trying to move into a different direction with my page and online image. Don't get me wrong, I love luxury and fashion and will still post that type of content, but I don't want to always be known as just a 'Rich Kid of Instagram.' It is very limiting when that is all you're seen as, and especially with me beginning to get more serious about acting and modeling, I really need to move past that.


Could you update us about the process of writing your memoir? How has the feedback been so far?

My memoir, Professionally Provocative, was officially released in October of 2018. The whole process of writing, editing, and publishing, took me about a full year to complete. I started writing my memoir in late August / early September of 2017, and finished a really rough draft of my book around the end of February 2018. Shortly after, I began working with an artist on my book cover and seeking out editors to read over my manuscript. The process of designing my cover, editing my book (over and over) took about 3-4 months to complete. I was very picky with how I wanted my cover to look, and so I spent a lot of time with the artist on changing little details here and there. The editor I worked with was absolutely amazing and helped me a lot when it came to formatting, transitions, and word choice. I wanted my memoir to be an easy read and something that almost anyone would be able to understand and comprehend.

The feedback I am getting is absolutely amazing. It's still so surreal to me that people from all over the world are buying my memoir and interested in what I have to say. I've been getting feedback from fashion designers, comedians, tv personalities, entrepreneurs, and other fans of mine that enjoy seeing the raw material that encompasses my life. The biggest critique I have heard from people was that I could have elaborated more on certain topics/sections of my book. And I 100% know that I could have made my book longer by going into more depth on certain issues I discuss, but when writing and editing my book, I wasn't sure how long would be too long, you know? I talked about this with my editor and we kept going back and fourth on if I should elaborate in certain areas, but I did play it safe and kept my book shorter. So maybe that is something I will consider in the future if I am ever to write another book. But I am really pleased overall with the feedback, love, and support I am getting from my family, friends, and fans.


What's new with your modeling work?

Well, I recently signed with IMD Models & Talent, an agency that works with actors, models, and internet influencers. I am really interested in pursuing a more serious career in the acting a modeling world, and I am trying to take steps that will get me to where I want to end up. I am currently working on a TV show that I am not allowed to talk about as of yet. Filming wraps up in January 2019, and then the premier date will be in May 2019. I am also talking with another director about a movie that will take place in Norway, but my role in that film will not be finalized until January or February of 2019. So I have some things lined up that I pursued on my own, and now that I am signed to an agency I am hoping to get more auditions, more acting roles, and more modeling gigs.

How do you strive to be unique in your creative endeavors?

When it comes to my Instagram page, I like to take otherwise "basic" rich kid photos (i.e. exotic cars, private jets, designer clothes, etc.) and add my own twist to them. Whether it's me wearing my face on a shirt, an outfit made out of money, making out with myself with an octopus tongue, or laying naked on a chunk of ice in the dead of winter, I like to post content that makes people look twice and think about the image they are seeing. I enjoy causing a reaction out of people, good or bad, and I really enjoy being creative with my posts.

Does your work convey a specific emotion or message?

I would say the content that I post is definitely more avant-garde. I've posted some controversial images (wearing real animal fur coats, an outfit made out of $100 bills, provocative messages on clothing, etc.) that have received some backlash, but most of the time I think people follow me for the luxury/wealth aspect of my page. Which is also why it's been difficult to change my image over time because the majority of my followers found my page expecting this ultra-luxury lifestyle, and I am afraid to fully change my image and lose a huge chunk of my following. But I know my true fans and followers will still support me no matter the content I post or the work I go into, so that makes me feel better during the times I notice I start to lose some followers. Ultimately, I just want to have fun, be creative, and enjoy the work that I do. So one day I may post some luxury or expensive item, and the next I could post a photo of me snowboarding, or enjoying a time out with my friends, whatever it may be. So if you're a current fan or follower of mine, expect some changes in the coming year, and I really hope you stick around and support me.

Popular Posts