Interview with attorney Kelly Hyman

Noted attorney Kelly Hyman focuses on class action law and mass tort litigation. With a background in acting and solid fundamentals in the law, Hyman is a powerful force in the industry.

Ms. Hyman was born in Florida. She grew up in Southern California and New York City. She took many acting jobs when she was a young woman, ranging from film to television to off-Broadway plays. She played Loretta on The Young and the Restless.



Kelly Hyman attended the University of California at Los Angeles, where she majored in Communications. She was a White House intern during her undergraduate years. She also received a Master’s degree in the discipline from Barry University.

After graduate school, Kelly Hyman continued on to law school. She attended the University of Florida College of Law, where she received a J.D. with honors in 2003. She clerked in several Federal courts, including a Bankruptcy Court, and a District Court. She will continue to be an important name in the field of class action law, making sure that her clients have everything they need.

How did you get started in the legal industry?

I got started in the legal field when I clerked in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court. This brought my education into sharp focus and let me learn many important lessons about how the courts really work.

What has been the biggest accomplishment in your career?

Helping people rebuild their lives. I believe that people who have been injured by a dangerous product need to be protected under the law. When companies cover up their misdeeds, they should be punished.

Is law your biggest passion?

Besides the law, traveling around the world is my biggest passion.

What motivates you?

My drive to help people motivates me. I want to see all of my clients provided for. I can’t emphasize this enough.

How do you stay ahead of the competition?

I stay ahead of the competition through constant hard work and dedication.

Which business leaders, past or present, have inspired you the most?

Warren Buffett has been a big inspiration for me. He built his empire from the ground up using his own expertise. He is proof that big dreams can pay off.

What is the next step for you?

My next step is to continue working hard for my clients. And making a difference in their lives.

What are some of your favorite tools and resources for your work?

I enjoy reading many legal publications, such as Law360. These publications bring me up to speed on the new developments in the legal field.

Practicing law can be taxing, how do you relax?

I enjoy traveling with my husband. We have been to so many wonderful destinations in the world, from Scandinavia to Venice. I love trying new things wherever we go. I also have been practicing yoga for twenty plus years and enjoy taking a yoga class.

What advice do you have for others who want to enter your sector?

Be sure that you know what you want out of life. If you aren’t working toward a goal, you’ll spin your wheels and you won’t get anywhere. It helps to know what is important in your life.

Popular Posts