Dr. Briggs E. Cook – Medical Director at Pure Facial Plastic Surgery and Med Spa

Dr. Briggs E. Cook serves as the Medical Director for Pure Facial Plastic Surgery and MedSpa in Huntersville, NC and has been rated among one of the 10 Best Plastic Surgeons for Patient Satisfaction in 2018 by the American Institute of Plastic Surgeons. Dr. Cook specializes in eye and facial plastic surgery and is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. He received his Doctorate from John Hopkins School of Medicine and his undergraduate from Duke University. When not helping people look and feel their very best at PURE, Dr. Cook can be found spending time with his wife and five children. He is also an advocate for PANDAS (or Pediatric Acute-Onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome).

We recently had the opportunity to sit down and learn more about Dr. Briggs E. Cook and his work both inside and outside the office.


What Made You Decide to Become a Plastic Surgeon?

There was no one real thing that made me instantly decide to become a plastic surgeon. I’ve always been driven to help people in some way. Growing up I knew I wanted to be a doctor of some kind. During my time at John Hopkins University I was drawn to the plastic surgery field. After completing my internship at the Mayo Clinic, I knew then and there I wanted to specialize in facial and eye plastic surgery, specifically. I went on complete my residency also at the Mayo Clinic working in their Ophthalmology department.

What is One Quality that Separates You from Other Plastic Surgeons?

I think what separates me from the pack is my genuine adoration of my patients. I am not looking to just fix them up and set them on their way. I like to build relationships with my patients. I don’t recommend the most expensive procedure if a patient doesn’t need it. I’m not looking to earn a quick buck. Time and time again, I hear chatter in the hallways of my practice from patients about how much they trust me and feel at home with me.

What is PANDAS and Why Are You So Vocal About it?

Most of my patients know that I am a family man first and foremost. I love my career, don’t get me wrong, but my family will always come first. Having a prominent role in the medical community, has led me to be vocal about a condition that has struck my family, specifically my twins. This condition, known as PANDAS, is a pediatric disease that effects the brain. Essentially it is caused by a streptococcal infection (strep throat). The strep antibodies mistakenly attack proteins in the brain causing neurological and psychiatric symptoms.

PANDAS is still a very rare and unknown condition. It is often misdiagnosed as mental illness. I want to bring more funding and awareness to this disease so other children can receive an accurate diagnosis and treatment for the disease.

What is One Thing Not Many People Know About You?

When not at work, I am a Den Leader for my son’s Cub Scout Pack. This is just one of the many roles I play in and around the community. I love helping my son and his Pack learn life skills through the Cub Scouts organization.

What Do You Want to Be Remembered for?

I just want to be remembered as an honest, good-hearted, loving man. I love my family more than anything in the world and this love echoes to my patients in the office. I want to show the world that you can be both a successful doctor and a loving husband and father. If I can leave that impact on this Earth, then I know I’ve lived a good, fulfilling life.

How Can Readers Connect with You and Learn More about You, Plastic Surgery, and PANDAS?

You can visit my website, my company’s website, as well as follow me on social media to learn more about my work both in my office and with PANDAS.

My company’s website: www.purefacialplastics.com

Popular Posts