Tana & Rose Photography - interview with Tana Ava Taylor

The growth of the photography industry over the last few years has been nothing short of remarkable with new studios opening up across the U.S. on a regular basis. The Tana & Rose Photography studio is a boutique brand based around providing intimate family portraits of groups who are hoping to record their life and special memories. Established in Los Angeles by Rose Hamilton and Tana Ava Taylor, Tana & Rose Photography has become popular for the various packages offered by the boutique studio over the last few years.

One of the most popular packages available is the Tana Taylor adoption shoot which sees families brought together in a non-traditional way celebrated by Tana Ava Taylor who has adopted children of her own. Ava Taylor adoption packages are a popular option, but the creativity of the founder and her whimsical photos should not be seen as a sign of a businesswoman who is not at the top of her game. Through her work, Tana Ava Taylor shows off the fun she likes to have in life, but her focus as a business leader is complete and shows her intent to create a brighter future for the brand she formed with a determined focus to improve life.


How did you get started in the photography industry?

I started out many years ago as a child playing around with a family camera but didn't start to take it seriously until college. As part of my studies at college, I completed some photography studies which formed the basis of my initial training. After starting my own family, I wanted to record my own experiences as a Mother and started taking more classes to get as much experience as possible as a photographer. By the time I started Tana & Rose Photography with Rose Hamilton I had years of experience under my belt.

Is photography your biggest passion?

Outside of my family, yes. Photography has been part of my life as far back as I can remember and I enjoy the creative aspects of the sector. Regarding my passion, I am constantly reading biographies of my favorite photographers and looking at their work. If I can better myself as a photographer and entrepreneur I know, I will be providing the best possible results for my clients.

What motivates you?

Improving myself day by day is my biggest motivation. By improving myself every day, I believe I will create an impressive brand alongside my business partner. Proving my skills as a female photographer and entrepreneur provides me with a great deal of motivation in an industry still dominated by men.

Which business leaders, past or present, have inspired you the most?

I am a big fan of Victoria Beckham as a current business leader. Taking her role with The Spice Girls pop band and turning it into a multimillion-dollar empire is inspiring because they were derided as talentless when the band launched. One of my great heroes is Linda McCartney for her skills as both a photographer and entrepreneur. Talking of following passions has to include her as Linda McCartney was voted the top U.S. female photographer in the 1960s and launched her line of vegetarian foods in the 1980s.

What is the next step for you?

We operate as a boutique photography studio, so we are very careful about expansion. Our adoption shoots have put us on the map, but we do not want to become a big box studio without a soul. Both Rose and I believe our success has come from providing a comfortable space for our clients to enjoy being photographed in. We intend to build a small chain of boutique studios across California before looking to expand into further areas of the Southwest.

What are some of your favorite tools and resources for your work?

I recently bought a Leica M-P 240 camera which is an amazing piece of design. It looks like an old-fashioned film camera but has all the components I need in a digital camera. Although I hate to discuss editing in photography, it has been completed throughout the history of the craft. I use Photoshop as my digital editor, but I have recently been trying some more traditional forms of editing using a dark room for my work.

Photography can be taxing, how do you relax?

Between my work and my family, I have little time to relax but spending time with my children does allow me time to recharge my batteries. I recently started meditating after reading "The Sphere of Silence" by Vijay Eswaran and find this helps reduce my stress levels.

What advice do you have for others who want to enter your sector?

As with all walks of life, you should spend as much time as possible learning. Whether this is through practical experience or academic courses, the rewards are worth the hard work.

Popular Posts