Kinney, Fernandez & Boire

Respected personal injury and car accident lawyer, Marcus Fernandez has spent more than a decade living and working in Tampa, Florida attempting to help as many people injured in any circumstance to get the justice they deserve. The Tampa personal injury attorney at Kinney, Fernandez & Boire has spent much of his career looking to aid the injured of Florida. It was during his studies at college that Fernandez decided to switch his focus from studying history to creating a better future for himself as a lawyer.

Marcus Fernandez has developed his skills as both a personal injury and car accident attorney Tampa residents have grown to trust completely. Although he works long business hours helping his clients, Marcus Fernandez believes he needs to give back to the local community by volunteering with some organizations. The Make A Wish Foundation and Villa Madonna School have both appointed the slip and fall attorney Tampa to their advisory boards to take advantage of his business and community skills.


How did you get started in the legal industry?

It was during my time at college I found myself disillusioned with the employment statistics for my chosen major of history and decided to take a few different courses. I took a basic legal class and found myself drawn deeply into the legal world in a way which eventually led me to law school. Once I had graduated and qualified at the Bar, I set out to find the perfect role for myself and wanted to help as many people as possible. I found personal injury and car accident law was a good fit for my personality and wish to help people.

Is the law your biggest passion?

I would say so. I do maintain a passion for history, but this has become more of a way I spend my limited spare time these days. It's rare for me not to enjoy a day at the office as there is always something to enjoy when you are helping injured people get the justice they deserve.


What motivates you?

I hate to sound like a broken record, but the desire to help as many people as possible is always at the top of my list of aspects of my profession which motivate me.

How do you stay ahead of the competition?

I won't sugarcoat things. This industry is a crowded marketplace and to achieve my dream of making sure of justice for all is often difficult to do. I think marketing is essential as we don't want to be seen as chasing injury victims. However, it is important for our clients to understand the earlier they contact me, the better chance we have of a successful outcome. Social media marketing has become increasingly important in attracting clients as soon as they are involved in a personal or auto accident.

Which business leaders, past or present, have inspired you?

I know business is a big part of the legal profession, but I also admire community leaders such as Martin Luther King for their approach to helping those in need. At a business level, I respect the inventor and philanthropist James Dyson. Not only is Dyson an inquiring mind but he is looking to assist the future of the world by creating a university on his estate in the U.K.

What is the next step for you?

I've achieved so much in my career that I have to continually evaluate where I have made it to and make sure I continue the movement forward with new goals. I think all of us at at Kinney, Fernandez & Boire are proud of the work we have done in Tampa but would also like to expand our practice across Florida and beyond.

The legal profession can be taxing, how do you relax?

I tend to indulge my love of history by settling down in front of an excellent documentary. I have always enjoyed the documentary work of Ken Burns in the U.S. and Lucy Worsley about the history of Britain. Recently, I have begun taking yoga classes to try and reduce my stress levels which I see as a side-effect of developing a successful legal practice.

What advice do you have for others who want to enter your sector?

The legal profession is an advantageous career choice if you are willing to put in the hours and work hard for a living. It is crucial to remember becoming an attorney is something of a calling and is not an easy option for those who want a professional career.

Popular Posts