Interview with lawyer Marc Yonker

Marc Yonker has become a respected personal injury attorney Tampa, Florida residents look to when they are seeking to gain justice for the issues they have faced with various injury claims regarding auto wrecks and other accidents. Over the course of his life, Marc Yonker has followed his passions to become educated in economics and business management from the University of Tampa and the University of South Florida. Following the completion of his initial education, Marc Yonker began exploring the legal sector and was accepted for his JD from the Thomas M. Cooley Law School in Lansing, Michigan.

After completing his education, Marc Yonker joined forces with attorney Bill Winters to establish their Winters and Yonker law group which has been helping the residents of Tampa to gain justice for injury issues for more than 15 years. Marc Yonker passed the Bar exam in 1994 and quickly found his home as a Tampa car accident attorney who has won the trust of the residents of Florida over more than a decade.


How did you get started in the legal industry?

Initially, I was planning on a career in finance and planned to head to Wall Street, but I took some legal classes at the University of South Florida and was inspired by a law professor to expand my knowledge of the area. Eventually, I found myself enjoying learning about the law and completed an internship at a Florida legal practice specializing in personal injury claims and fell in love with the sector.

The start of the Winters and Yonker practice came about in 2001 when Bill Winters and I came together to start a practice focusing on the needs of our clients. Bill had been a friend for some years, and we shared a desire to help those struggling to find justice and assistance when injured.

Is the law your biggest passion?

I'd say so, yes. My work really can make a difference to the life of an injured person and their family who may have been struggling under the weight of medical bills and lost income. Seeing a family released from the burden of debt can be a wonderful feeling that makes me appreciate my health and work on a daily basis.


What motivates you?

The legal industry is filled with lawyers who do care. I know we often have a bad reputation but the number of attornies who are solely in the business for the money is very small. On a personal level, my motivation is to bring justice to families and individuals who have been let down by their employers or who are suffering at the hands of an irresponsible driver.

How do you stay ahead of the competition?

Winters and Yonker base our work and marketing on doing what is right for our clients and building a high level of trust with clients who tend to refer their friends and family to us on a regular basis. In general, we try to stay away from gimmicks and focus on providing the best possible service and being realistic about claims being made. I'm not going to promise a client a million dollar payout to get their business.

Which business leaders, past or present, have inspired you the most?

When I was studying for a business degree, I was aware of the rising interest in the Internet and Online retailing in the 1990s. I have followed the career of Jeff Bezos, and his Amazon company with interest and I'm amazed at what he has achieved. Turning an Online book-selling business into a global phenomenon with fingers in so many pies really is amazing to me.

What is the next step for you?

My next step in becoming a better quality attorney is to keep on learning and developing my skills as a personal injury attorney Tampa residents enjoy working with. I think Bill and I are hoping to expand our reach on social media as we hope to attract more clients to our practice. The targeted ad's at a local level are the next step in our marketing we are hoping to explore.

Personal injury law can be taxing, how do you relax?

You are right; the law can be stressful and make me stressed out on a regular basis. I do love my job, but I also love my family and need to lower my stress levels on a regular basis. Recently, I joined a yoga class which I attend every couple of days before work. It has proven a great help in lowering my stress levels and making me feel healthier.

Popular Posts