Interview with Frank Grimes - President of The Associates Home Loans of Florida

Frank Grimes is the President of The Associates Home Loans of Florida, a private mortgage company dedicated to customer service. Located in Tampa, the company provides diverse financial services including mortgage loans, private lending, hard money loan, and bad credit loans. With an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, Associate Home Loan is able to serve all members of the community with respect and quick service. Their web site gives loan quotes instantly.

Grimes attended Florida Metropolitan University and began his business in 1996. With a background in financial services, Grimes was able to enter the lending market with a unique understanding of what makes the market move.

When Grimes worked for a large private equity firm, he aspired to create a company that served the ordinary people in the Florida market. He understood that some home buyers have made credit mistakes and have difficulty obtaining loans. He also wanted to help people who have been forced into bankruptcy and foreclosure. His company assists these people in achieving their dreams of real estate ownership. Associates Home Loan has an excellent online application service to give customers a realistic idea whether they are eligible to borrow. Most loans for home buyers can be closed within 7 to 14 days. They even offer bad credit loans for those with less than stellar credit.

When Grimes is not at work, he spends time with his family. He believes strongly in building the Tampa Bay community, and he looks forward to expanding his business through hard work and quality service.


How did you get started in the mortgage lending industry?

I have always aspired to be a business owner. When I became aware of the subprime market’s needs, I decided that was where I wanted to invest my time and money. I created my company as a way of serving this market, as well as other sectors of real estate development.


What has been the biggest accomplishment in your career?

I was very proud to receive an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. This meant a lot to me as a business owner. It is satisfying to be recognized for honest, customer-focused business.

Is mortgage lending your biggest passion?

Yes, it is. For me, my passion for the work drives me to achieve success. Without that spark, it would be extremely hard to put in the number of hours needed to accomplish my work. I have surrounded myself with a dedicated staff who share my passion.

What motivates you?

Helping people from diverse backgrounds achieve homeownership is a satisfying feeling. Knowing that I have helped realize people’s dreams makes me feel good when I leave work at night. I am also motivated to provide for my family and give them a comfortable lifestyle.

How do you stay ahead of the competition?

I believe that Associates Home Loan has many unique traits that make it successful. Our company provides the best customer service for subprime mortgage customers. We treat all of our clients with respect and care, no matter their financial background. We are able to secure loan funding through alternative methods, making it easier to service their needs.

What business leaders, past or present, have inspired you the most?

I am fascinated by the career of Warren Buffett. He started with nothing and built his empire from the ground up. His ability to choose good investments is legendary. I think he is a good example for any business owner to follow.

What is the next step for you?

I would like to continue to expand my business by hiring more staff and by expanding our customer base outside Florida. It would be great to have a business that was capable of serving the entire country.

What are some of your favorite tools and resources for your work?

We use many software programs that help me stay organized and keep my company running at its best. My employees use Slack to stay in touch with each other and collaborate in their work. I have recently purchased a new smartphone, and this has enabled me to have instant contact with my employees even when I’m not in the office.

Mortgage lending can be taxing, how do you relax?

I love to spend time with my family. My children are a grounding influence on my life. I love to play sports with them and to take them on vacations. I also enjoy golfing, which is a way to get outdoors in the fresh air while doing some business networking at the same time.

What advice do you have for others who want to enter your sector?

Be patient; it takes a while before businesses become profitable. Have enough money put aside so that you can live off of it while you are waiting for your business to turn a profit.

Popular Posts