Interview with cryptocurrency trader Mark Dukas

Mark Dukas is a cryptocurrency trader and the owner of BitcoinSmartMoney.com, a web site dedicated to guiding technology investors. He lives in Charlotte, North Carolina with his family. With a degree in Economics, he worked at first as a personal trainer and then in the sales field. As he progressed through his sales career, he found that further education would be an asset to his career. He received an MBA from the Keller Graduate School of Management in 2009. He began trading cryptocurrencies in 2014, and his investments have been highly successful.

It is Mark Dukas’ goal to help his clients reach financial success through the purchase and sale of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. He also wants the world of digital currency to be more accessible to the average investor. Dukas truly understand the digital currency marketplace and its impact both on the tech world and on the economy as a whole. With his expertise and his long track record in successful investments, Mark Dukas Charlotte is an important part of the digital currency community. He is also involved in helping companies recover from cyber ransomware attacks. 


How did you get started in the digital currency industry?

I was still working in sales when I first became aware of the potential of Bitcoin. I heard that it had the potential to be the “digital gold” in the tech marketplace. I took time to study the market and decided that it was a valid investment. I started small and gradually built myself up to a large portfolio.

Is digital currency your biggest passion?

Professionally, yes. I am fascinated by the market and by all the factors that go into its success. I am always on the lookout for new ICOs and examining their potential to succeed. I will say, though, that my greatest passion overall is my family. I work to become more successful so that I can support them and use my greatest asset time with my two daughters and wife.

What motivates you?

Disruption is what motivated me to look at crypto. I won’t deny that financial gain also motivates me. I try to teach my clients to manage their money as carefully as I manage mine. My family motivates me to succeed, and they are my number one priority.


How do you stay ahead of the competition?

My solid fundamentals of understanding the crypto market set me apart from other advisors in our field. I have studied technical analysis for many years and couple that with fundamentals which makes me a very strong trader. I believe that no one can succeed without proper research, and my thirst for data makes me successful.

Which business leaders, past or present, have inspired you the most?

I’m inspired by Jeff Bezos, who took a tiny company selling books and made it into a global powerhouse. Through a truly innovative online business model, Amazon has exploded in growth.

What is the next step for you?

I hope to continue with my investing and advising. Of course, I am always looking for signs that it is time to diversify my investments and looking for signs that the market might be falling off. While I see Bitcoin and other currencies continue to be valuable to the economy, I am not wedded to the concept, and I will move to other investments if necessary.

What are some of your favorite tools and resources for your work?

As the owner of a small business, I have found QuickBooks to be an essential tool. I have also recently started using Slack to communicate with my colleagues. The real-time aspect of this communication is great.

Teaching about digital currency can be taxing, how do you relax? 

I love to spend time with my wife and two daughters. Being a dad has led me to become a better person because I always want to be a good role model for my children. When I need to get away and have some time to myself, I love to lift weights. Lifting clears my mind and keeps my body healthy. I have much more energy and a calmer mind than I would if I weren’t a lifter. 

What advice do you have for others who want to enter your sector?  

Learn as much as you can before you invest in digital currency. Make sure you are dealing with reputable websites. There are a disturbing number of shady sites out there. Stay away from 90% of the ICO’s and stick to large-cap coins to start. 

When you do invest, make sure that you diversify your portfolio. It would be damaging to have all of your financial eggs in one basket. Diversify between Bitcoin, other digital currencies, as well as real-world assets like stocks, bonds, and real estate. 

That said, don’t be intimidated by digital currency. It is for everyone. Be as cautious as you would be when making any other investment.

Popular Posts