Interview With An Indian Entrepreneur: Agam Berry

Agam Berry is known in the digital marketing scene as one of the foremost tech entrepreneurs. He graduated from Punjab University and now has over 10 years of digital marketing experience under his belt. He is active in the selling of advertising inventory, and he has kept his services connected to his native land with his offices in Gurgaon, Chandigarh, Bangalore, Kolkata, and Mumbai. Berry is passionate about his culture and the Indian economy, which is why he chose to build his career and life in his native country. He strives to use his place within the global digital industry to push the Indian economy forward, closing the ingenuity gap existing between his native land and the Western world. We recently sat down with Agam Berry to get his insights and tips for other aspiring Indian entrepreneurs.


What drove you to want to become an entrepreneur?

I've always been interested in business. After I received my Bachelor's from the Punjab University, I wanted to give back to India, my native land that nurtured me and in which I got my education. I could see needs in the Indian economy, and one of those needs was moving forward as a global leader in the digital economy; I thought I could help do this.

How is the entrepreneurial scene in India different from other places?

I don't really think it is all that different, especially in the industry I am in. In the digital marketing industry, many of the resources and community networking takes place online, which can happen from anywhere. Entrepreneurs operate in all four corners of the earth. Regardless of where they are operating from, certain personal traits like dedication, work ethic, and drive are what separates the success stories from the failures, rather than location.

What is your favorite thing about India?

It's hard to pick one thing, but I would have to say the vibrancy. This country is a feast for the senses. The sights, smells, colors, and sounds of a living breathing culture are quite breathtaking and inspiring. The people are as bright and colorful as the fabrics that grace the market stalls. India really is a site to behold.

What is one tip you would give to aspiring Indian entrepreneurs?

I would say to keep challenging yourself. If you come up with an idea you think will be your ticket to success, challenge yourself to make it even better. Always push yourself and say, "This is a good idea, but how can I make it better?" That is a strategy I employ myself, and it is a tip I would give to aspiring entrepreneurs.

What are some good resources for aspiring Indian entrepreneurs?

There are so many great resources out there. LinkedIn, Twitter, and Mobile business apps are my top entrepreneurial resources. LinkedIn does just what it says: it links you in. Your business profile links you to others in the same industry and connects you with potential clients. Twitter provides entrepreneurs with a way to use social media content to drive traffic to your site. It allows you to instantly share relevant links and info, which increases your customer loyalty through your followers. There are too many mobile business apps to name, but every day, newer and better ones are emerging to boost business productivity. Some of my favorite mobile business apps are Kingsoft Office, Evernote, Dropbox, and Google Docs.

Agam Berry is someone you want to follow. He has his fingers on the pulse of marketing and digitization. He is well versed and involved in the cryptocurrency revolution. To share in what he knows and benefit from his teachings, simply follow his blog at Agam-berry.com, or on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.

Popular Posts