Interview with artist and songwriter Angel Sessions

Angel Sessions is a 10x nominated 4x award-winning recording artist and songwriter. She has been in the music industry for 20 years with 13 worldwide albums released. She is a voting member of the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (The Grammy's). Angel has been featured in two major films and acting in many plays. We have conducted an interview with her.



How long have you been in the music industry? Which is the most prestigious award/nomination that you have been honored?

I've been in the music industry for 20 years at a very young age. My most prestigious award was the Hollywood Music and Media Awards in Los Angeles 2015 for single Don't Let Go. I am nominated again this year 2017 for single "No Fear". My most nomination awards where the Underground Music awards, I was nominated twice for two of my singles "Get Up" and Don't Let Go" same awards that Nicki Minaj and J Cole won.


What are the challenges that you faced with owning your record label?

My challenges that I faced owning my own record label is that we have to do all the work outside of me just being the creative artist and songwriter, Lol, but it comes with the territory. We have to continue to strive getting our news and products out to the mask of people around the world on a smaller budget but its been amazing because with God's help and direction, we are able to do so.

Besides the R&B genre, which other genres would you like to explore?

I have explored both R&B and Urban Gospel because do both Urban gospel recording artist and R&B. In 1998 and 1999 I was with both Inchiban Records and Volt Records. Introducing Angel Sessions release 1998, Love Ride released 1999, both R&B albums. In 2005-2016 I've released over 7 albums and a EP that were urban gospel songs I've written and recorded, and released worldwide on Angel Sessions Music before we started Atlas Elite Entertainment LLC my new label in 2017 and released "I'm Who I Am" ( a R&B album)

Are you also an actress? Which is/are your favorite role(s) so far?

I love to play so many roles because I love acting. But I can say one of my favorite rolls was in Paramount Pictures, movie called "A Smille Like Your's". I played a small part in a club scene but it was cool. The director asked me to act like I'm having an argument with my boyfriend while there where singing going on with Lauren Holly dueting with her friend singing "Love Will Keep Us Together" by Captain and Tennille. The director wanted us to act like we're ignoring them while we put up a cat aurgment Lol,... we had a lot of fun filming.

Which are the two major films that you have been featured?

A Smile Like Yours and Down' N Dirty film by Fred Williamson


What would you like to achieve in the near future?

That's a great question! After 20 years in the music industry and 13 albums later, I would like to achieve getting nominated for a Grammy and possible winning a Grammy. That would be amazing! I would like also for my team and I, Rodney Crews and Demetrius Guidry who are also founders along with me at Atlas Elite Entertainment LLC, to accomplish our goals we are working on. We are working on our first annual Atlas Elite Entertainment Music Awards show coming 2018, and we are going to do a huge major motion picture partnering with a major company. It's all about giving back so I'm looking forward to helping others though what we have in store.

Popular Posts