Interview with artist Mystic Lilac

Mystik Lilac is a 26-year-old mother of three from London who has just recently decided to enter the art world and loving every minute of it. She used to work as a care worker until recently and have just completed a degree in health and social care, but felt she needed to be able to work from home so threw herself into art and currently seeing where that takes her. We have conducted an interview with her.


How did you develop this style of art?

I have long had an interest in abstract art in it's many forms, so although I feel I'm still developing my own personal style, much of my inspiration has come from those styles of art, especially from cubism, surrealism and expressionism. I also love pop art, so I have taken some of my inspiration from there too.


Why did you decide to go into art?

Art is something I've wanted to pursue for a long time but there was never a good time to do it. Until recently I was working in the health and social care industry, as a care worker, while studying towards a degree, but life took a different turn and I quit my job just before Christmas of 2016. I became a stay at home mother again to my three children and decided to take some time out to decide what I wanted to do with my life going forward. I explored a couple of other avenues without any success, and then I started thinking seriously about art as an option. I decided that there would be no better time than to start now, and that's more or less where I am today.


Where are you in your life right now?

Life is pretty hectic right now. As I've said, I have three children, all of whom are under the age of 10, and also have a husband, two cats and a guinea pig to run around after! And then I've got my art which is still only very new so I'm putting a lot of time into trying to grow what is a new business. So, very busy and a bit mad but I'm enjoying every minute of it!


What are your hopes for the future?

As long as I am happy, have a roof over my head and I'm able to support my family well, I will be happy with whatever the future holds.


What kind of things/places/moods inspires you the most? Who are your artistic influences?

I find inspiration pops at me when I least expect it! Normally on the school run, or when I'm in the middle of doing something else! But I also enjoy walking around botanical gardens and stately homes and surrounding myself with culture. My husband has taken up photography recently too so we bounce off each other and give each other ideas.

I love the work of many different artists - To name just a few - Pablo Picasso, Paul Cezanne, Juan Gris, Wassily Kandinsky, Frank Stella, Andy Warhol and Roy Lichtenstein.

More info:




Popular Posts