Interview with artist Elwira Bernaciak

Elwira Bernaciak is an artist with passion at heart living in Ireland, Carlow Town – passion that grew within from an early age. Her first exhibition took place in Carlow in 2015. In February 2017 another exhibition in Carlow Library and a few of her artworks are also displayed in Bunclody Gallery. We have conducted an interview with Elwira.



Which point are you currently at in your life? Why do you feel so?

I feel like I am a mature woman whom already been through a good bit if it comes to life experiences. I am now more able to fulfill my needs, set my goals and aim for them. I think I am currently at the stage of soaking life as a whole and knowingly enjoy every minute of it despite any unforeseen obstacles that can come my way.


What role does painting play in your life?

Painting plays a major role in my life because I can use it to express myself, what I am going through and the emotions that gathered inside me.

I think that everyone should find something for themselves that could help them do that: would it be yoga or dancing etc. whatever it is that will help you cleanse your mind and allow you to improve your own self.


What message do you want to pass on to other people? How do you intend to do this?

My message would be to first of all remember about yourself, to stop for a minute, pause the everyday life and think what is it that they really want in life. And to go towards their goal remembering about what is truly important like love, health and passion, the rest will come on it's own, in it' own time.

This is my message I try to pass on to others and I hope I will inspire others during my Relaxing Art for Adults classes. I think the classes are my way of sharing my energy with my students. Many times after my classes I heard that I inspired someone to go further, keep going towards their aim, whatever it is- not necessarily towards art.

For example one of my students found interest in holistic healing and is now sharing her emotions by passing positive energy through this medium. Some other one found motivation to write a book and someone else found a strength within herself to pursue her dream of becoming a graphic designer.


What are your attitudes towards the future?

Probably like everyone else, I also have plans and dreams about the future and aspects of my life that I want to improve. Generally I am a kind of person that likes to have her ducks in a row. I plan and make sure all is done on time or even ahead of time. I like when everything goes as I planned it but life prepared me to know how to deal with those times when things don’t go as they are supposed to. I feel like I’m ready to take on whatever comes my way. When we are talking about future: most important things at present, future and always are my kids and my husband. I want to see my kids growing up healthy and fulfilling their own dreams and I myself want to spend the rest of my life with my husband by my side and travelling. Savouring life.


What is your philosophy?

My life philosophy is that everything is possible and you can never give up. I believe that Art comes from the hearth trough eyes and guides the hand of the artist. What I mean by that is the fact that being given training in the area of art is not as important as the passion one has and sense of expression one wants to portray with what is being painted. Money, although necessary in our daily life has a secondary importance if you have a desire to explore life and are open to what’s new.


What inspires you as an artist?

When I was a teenager I learned about famous artists who appeared throughout the ages of history and how art is divided into cubism, impressionism etc. For a period of time I was fascinated by Edvard Munch’s work as I could see what I was going through in my own personal life reflected in his paintings and I thought that he must have had a similar perception to me. Today I am intrigued by Jackson Pollock’s work and how he used sprays of paint as a way of his expression.

Knowing the rules of painting and painting techniques I enjoy breaking them to express my own emotions.

I do realize that my hand, as a tool for my work, needs training and practice. During times of temporary lack of inspiration I often base myself on some interesting photographs I find online. I also use artwork of others as a great tool to train my painting hand.


More info:

Website: https://elwira-bernaciak.pixels.com/
New Irish Art: http://www.newirishart.com/irish-artists/elwira-bernaciak-artist
Irish Artist Info: https://irishartist.info/art-by-elwira-bernaciak-at-the-deep/
Shopvida: https://www.shopvida.com/collections/elwiraartcraft
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BElwiraArtCrafts/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/BElwira75
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/elwirabernaciak/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa7VD6UJW1sHZjVZcSo9Hpg

Popular Posts