Interview with singer and songwriter Kaylyn Aznavorian

Today our guest is Kaylyn Aznavorian, a singer and songwriter from Bedford, VA. She has been working full-time in the entertainment industry for the last five years in film, television, and modeling, but after ranking in the top 20 in the international talent competition Megastar Millionaire and positive encouragement from some major players in the music industry, she has begun work on an EP titled "Freedom". We have conducted an interview with Kaylyn.


What has been the most challenging for you along your entire journey to the making of your upcoming EP? What did you learn?

The most challenging thing for me has honestly been just taking the time to get these songs in a studio to record, because these songs are very real stories from my life and the lives of friends of mine, and they bring me back to a very dark part of my life I feel I've only recently left. However, at the same time, they've also been therapeutic for me as an artist, because while ripping the bandage off my own story, I've gotten to see first hand how my story has affected and influenced others to get stronger and admit to themselves, their family and friends, and from time to time myself directly that they're worth more than the Hell they were dealt. That to me is the true light at the end of the tunnel because that's all I've really ever hoped to do in entertainment- help other people.

How do you want your fans to relate to your music?

I want my fans to just honestly think about the words I have to say. This EP more or less is a story of coming out of darkness and finding the light in life again, and I know I'm not the only one in the world who has experienced these dark moments. If someone listening is in that dark place, I want them to hear my music and know they're not alone and they can absolutely get out of there. If someone listening maybe can't personally relate, I hope this will open their eyes to everyone around them that is where I was, and with luck, it would influence them to help them out.


Who are the influencers of your music?

Aside from telling my story and those close to me, I frequently find inspiration listening to bold and strong female artists like Adele, Jessie J, P!nk, and Lady Gaga, but I definitely have moments where artists and bands I grew up listening to like Aerosmith, Journey, and Bon Jovi are visible influences in my sound, and sometimes even my look, since I can frequently be found sporting something leather and form-fitting like they all have been known to wear.


Besides acting, modeling, and songwriting, what other talents do you possess?

Well, to be totally honest, I am the biggest art geek you ever met. I'm constantly doing everything from painting, to dance, to (one I really miss doing competitively, to be honest) fantasy hair and makeup. Just about anything artsy you can find me doing outside of entertainment, and I guess it's safe to call it a talent because I've earned a few ribbons, trophies, and titles as a result!


Do you plan on using your filmmaking talents in your music videos? Why or why not?

Definitely! I'm actually in the planning phases of the video for my first single now, and while I won't be directing this one, I'm planning out nearly every little detail of the video's story with the director and hand selecting the cast, since this particular song was written in memory of a friend, and I feel like I need to make sure I do them justice, since about 48 hours before they passed, they had me promise them that I'd stop doing what everyone else expected of me and instead do what made me happy, and this is only the beginning of fulfilling that promise.

Popular Posts