Culled cub - Interview with artist and musician Tommy Herrera

Tonight our guest is Thomas (Tommy) Herrera, artist, and musician. He was born and raised in Las Vegas NV, but currently, he lives in Pasadena, CA. On July 14, 2016, he had 2 seizures in under 30 minutes and completely destroyed his right shoulder. After going home from the hospital, knowing he would never work in carpentry again, he decided to focus all his time and energy into music and school. He is now a full-time student, getting his bachelor's degree in audio production. He released his 6 songs Demo under the name Culled cub in December 2016. We have conducted an interview with him.


What inspires you in the creation of the songs in "Depressed to Impress''?

Well after having my seizures on July 14th, 2016 I decided I wanted to make music again, not only that, but I wanted to create something that gave me the same feeling I got while listening to the songs that shaped me in my youth. Bowie, queen, Biggie smalls, lol. Everything in between, Depeche mode, music without rules.


Which are your top 3 favourite songs within that album?

"Sharkspeed", " gutter colors", "mammals".



What does 'Culled cub' means exactly? Why 'Culled'?

Culled cub means like, a black sheep. "culled" or to "cull" means to kill or to separate, the weak from the strong. so "culled cub" is like the black sheep weak cub, but to me, that isn't a weakness, it is being unique and yourself and not conforming.

What do you hope to achieve in music making in the near future?

I just want to play my music live for people, create and help others create. I hope to be touring full time by this time next year. 

You visit your pre-teen self and tell them about your life. What do you want to tell them?

Be patient, be happy, appreciate what you have. Stay away from alcohol, take care of yourself. Never doubt yourself and keep writing, keep creating, always.


More info:

Website: http://www.culledcub.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Culledcub/

Popular Posts