C.O.P.E. - Interview with author KiJon Anderson-Brown

KiJon Anderson-Brown's self-published book and brand C.O.P.E. Crosses of Persevering Everything With Christ. He hopes to touch and share God's word with as many people as he can. Proceeds from sales will be divided up to go to charities, churches, homeless, complete strangers and more! We have conducted an interview with KiJon.


How long did you take to write your book "COPE (Crosses of Persevering Everything With Christ)?

C.O.P.E. is composed of a lot of my poems that I have written from age 5 to present day. I was able to then later save them onto a Word document and store them there making it simpler to keep in order. So you could say my book took about 16 years to write/publish.

Which are your two top life verses? Based on your personal experiences and encounters, how did these two verses changed/helped you?

My two top life verses are Proverbs 3:5-6 and Philippians 4:13. Proverbs 3:5-6 says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart lean not unto your own understanding, seek his will in all you do and he will direct your paths" and Philippians 4:13 says I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". These verses have helped me stay positive about life and allow me to continue believing in myself as well as God. They have given me lots of wisdom along the way proving me with a reminder to always keep things in a good perspective. Faith can move mountains and as long as I trust God he will set my paths straight. These verses are short and to the point, one is telling me that with God nothing is impossible and the other goes hand and hand with it stating to not trust God just sometimes but ALL the time.

Do you consider recently/nowadays as 'bad times'?

I don't see nowadays as bad times simply because as the two very simple verses stated before. I know that God is good all the time and that he works things out for our very good. He makes no mistakes whether it's relating to a tragedy, political outcome, or miracle. I believe that everything happens for a reason. While almost times people will try to reason out the why something happened, we may truly not understand why but just trust that God is going to work things out at the end of the day.

Who do you recommend should read your book? What are the key highlights of your book?

I recommend my book because it is unique and different. Look into a poetry book and mainly you find a lot of mixed emotions. I think people most of the time associate poetry with sorrow or pain. So my book is poetry that has a taste of that but provides Inspiration, hope, scripture, hope, encouragement and so much more causing other readers to feel great about life and feel uplifted. Also, they key highlight is that all of this is to bring hope to those feeling down and share the word of God and give him Glory. My book can change lives and impact so many lives one page at a time. My book contains powerful sayings and analogies that will get the reader thinking and taking notes. C.O.P.E.'S purpose is to serve others and share God's word.

Prior to the publishing of this book, in which ways do you share God's word? How many people have you already reached and what is your next goal with the book?

Prior to the publishing of this book, I shared God's word through posting my poems on social media, sharing my poems with friends and family who were feeling down, and verbally connected with people and recited scripture that provides answers to their questions. I also have C.O.P.E. clothing line and my website is copechrist.bigcartel.com. All proceeds will go towards those in need, homeless, charities, and so much more. For more info, You can search the hashtag I created which is #copechrist on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. My book C.O.P.E. can easily be found on Amazon, Barnes and noble site, and KINDLE. 

How many people have you already reached and what is your next goal with the book? 

I'm more than 20 people have already purchased my book since being published in the end of March 2017. On Instagram, I reach thousands of people a day sharing and trying to spread the releasing of my book C.O.P.E. My next goal with the book is to sell 1,000 or more copies by my birthday which is July 3, 1995. All proceeds from my book will also go towards helping those in need and giving back to serve others. I have set up a gofundme account as well and that link is gofundme.com/cope-ministry-copechrist.

How do you plan to use the proceeds of your book? How will you proof the transparency of this arrangement?

I have set up PayPal and other accounts to help store proceeds to prepare for the actual missions. These missions will be recorded and documented to show the love and impact of your proceeds and proof that everyone's participation in C.O.P.E. ministry won't go to waste. My book is $7 online 7 because it is also a biblical number. Thank you for your time. Visit copechrist.bigcartel.com for all your COPE gear with hats, mugs, tank tops, shirts and more and don't forget with God all things are possible. God bless.

Popular Posts