Interview with science fiction author J. I. Rogers

Today our guest is J. I. Rogers from Canada. She writes dystopian science fiction. "The Korpes File" was released earlier this month and is the first book in "The 942 Series". We have conducted an interview with her.


How long have you been writing dystopian Science Fiction?

I started in this genre five years ago, but, I've been writing one form of fiction or another for over twenty.


What inspired you to write "The Korpes File"?

It started as a world-building exercise; I was working with a game design group and thought their story needed some depth. What began as a series of conversations and soundbites led to short stories and when the game was put on hiatus, the work I'd put in was released back to me. Several characters transitioned to the books from that experience(yes, "The Korpes File" is part of a series).

Who is your favorite character?

Unfair question; that's like asking someone to pick their favorite child. I like them all for different reasons as they all have something that makes them unique. If I must choose, out of a cast of dozens, I'd go with the following: Nash, Pari, Roz, Vincent, Diani, and the rest of the family.

Why?

The chapters that highlight them have a different feel and pace to the rest of the book and highlight how families pull together and survive openly hostile situations-- I'd say more, but I'd have to issue a spoiler alert.

What are the most challenging aspects of writing your story with storytelling from multiple point-of-views?

It came down to two things - remembering to change to a new paragraph and then leave a space to indicate the viewpoint had shifted. I'd get wrapped up in the scene unfolding in my head; I'd know who was doing what, but I'd forget that my readers didn't have the benefit of seeing transitions from my perspective. This made for editing hell during the first revision.


What kind of readers should read this book?

There is 'adult content' in my books, so I have to say, adult. Anyone who enjoys dystopian fiction, character-driven science fiction, or space opera may enjoy "The Korpes File" as well.

Who will your story appeal to the most?

I like to think there's a little something in here for anyone who enjoys science fiction, be it 'hard or soft'. I can't say who it will appeal to most - only time, sales, and reviews will tell.

More info:

Website/Blog: https://jirogers-author.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/J.I.Rogers.Author
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Tamyrh942

His book is available at:
http://bit.ly/TheKorpesFile
http://bit.ly/Kobo-TheKorpesFile

Popular Posts