Interview with photographer Ashley Drake

Tonight our guest is Ashley Drake. She is currently working as a photographer at The Picture People Studio in Ottawa, Canada. We have conducted and interview with her.


What is your photography style?

I wouldn’t say I have a certain style, I enjoy all types of photography. I can shoot landscapes, wildlife, flowers, architecture and various portraits. I don’t like putting restrictions on what I shoot because then it becomes less fun.


What kind of equipment do you use for your photography?

The equipment that I always carry is all Panasonic which includes: Lumix G2 Camera, 14-42mm lens, 45-150 mm lens, 100-300mm lens, a DMW-FL220 Flash, two 32 GB memory cards, a GOPRO, and a tripod.


Which subjects do you like to shoot? What kind of images do you like to achieve?

I enjoy shooting everything from landscapes to people. I also work at The Picture People Studio in Ottawa, Ontario, I am familiar with shooting Family Portraits, Maternity, Newborn, Holiday Portraits, and Engagements.

When I go out on photo adventures, I never have a set plan. I always shoot whatever I feel like that day, it really depends on my mood.


What made you choose photography?

I chose photography because it’s the only thing that I have complete control over, every single choice is mine and I love it. My Professor recently compared photography to music which I agree with, there are so many different styles but all are art.


What do you want your end game to be?

My end game is to work with Planet Earth, this would be my dream job. I am a huge fan of the show.

Popular Posts