Winter Bugs

We have conducted an interview with Lisa Loucks Christenson the author of the 10th year anniversary edition of Winter Bugs. The book is a documentary inside a larger documentary (Walk the Burn), and is a study of insect life during a Minnesota winter.


What makes you happiest?
Knowing God has my back, and the support of my family, friends, pets.

Why do you write?
I write because I want to share my experiences when I’m writing non-fiction, my other worlds when I’m writing fiction—I love adventures.

Have you always enjoyed writing?
Yes, since I was a child.

What motivates you to write?
Anything, really. My husband jokes he could stick me in a cornfield and I’d find someone to talk to. Talking and sharing lives motivates me to write.


What writing are you most proud of?
I have many pieces I’m proud of. If I had to pick, I’d say my inspirational works that give glory to God are my best works. One documentary in particular is my, Struggling for Existence. I’ve been working on that book for 12 years. It’s a collection of images of animals, insects, plants, people everything struggling to remain, to hold on.

What are you most proud of in your personal life?
My faith, it’s the journey to everything.

What books did you love growing up?
Every book had a special meaning. For starters: James and the Giant Peach Where the Red Fern Grows, Cricket in Time's Square, all the Little House on the Prairie, there are so many books I love.

Popular Posts