Norma Martiri Photography

Norma Martiri is an amateur photographer from Brisbane, Australia. She has been taking photos for the last five years. Her passion is landscape and night photography. We have conducted an interview with her.


What are your tips to take photographs of night landscapes?
To get a sharp night image, always use a tripod and a remote shutter release and don't touch the camera. I tend to stick to an aperture range of F/8 and F/16 and RAW is best. Be patient and enjoy the view while your camera is working.

Where are the most favourite locations you have ever make the best night shots? 
My favourite locations are Southbank, Kangaroo Point Cliffs and of course the Story Bridge. The lights are vibrant and the opportunities are endless.

Which time of the night do you enjoy taking photos the most?
I really enjoy taking photos in the Blue Hour (or the Golden Hour) so I usually start in the late afternoon and work into the night. The Blue Hour is magical.


What do you like to capture in your photos?
I like to capture beauty and vibrance. When I look at another photographer's photo, I get inspired. I hope that my photos do the same for someone else.

Which techniques amazes you each time you apply it?
Long exposure on the water. I love the fairy floss water effect and I never get tired of it. It's magical. Light bursts in night photography are great too.


More info:





Popular Posts