Sapphire

Shannon K. is a singer, songwriter, composer, daughter of a Bollywood legendary singer, KUMAR SANU. She started to learn music at the age of 3, Persuade learning music in Britain in Royal Music Of London. We have conducted an interview with her.


What is your new release "Sapphire" about?
My new single "Sapphire" is about love. It's about your beloved, who's precious to you like a Sapphire and you never want to lose it. The basic idea came in mind from the iconic movie Titanic. Jack sacrificed his life for Rose and Rose loved him till her last breath! I always cry when watch that particular scene when Jack is slowly dying to save Rose.

Who inspires and influences you the most in your songwriting?
My first influence was my dad. My music influences are Whitney Houston, Beyonce, Mariah Carey and Adele. Bruno Mars inspires me a lot in song writing. His writing touches my heart .

When did you start your first song recording?
I've recorded my first song at the age of 11 and it's been released when I was 12. The song is : Roll Back The Years. This was the first professional recording. If you ask very first then I'd say when I was 3, my song has been recorded on mobile by my family.

How did you discover your voice and strengths in singing and songwriting in the Pop, Brit Pop,Crossover,Soul, Ballad, Contemporary music genre?
Honestly I had no idea that I can sing or write in different genres. It's just happened by the opportunities I got to write and sing in. Now I know that I can sing in various genres. I'm still weak at rapping. I'd learn to rapp in future.

I want to perform live to connect directly.I wish I could write for other singers as well. One thing I'll try to maintain in my writing, is good lyrics.

What do you want to do in the near future?
I'll be working on Album next year and hopefully it will be released by the end of 2017. It's very difficult to work on music along with school but I'm trying to manage both. I'd love to work in kid's tv show, if I get an opportunity. Music is my first love. I'll completely focus on it after I get graduated from school.

More info at:
Sapphire - Single by Shannon K https://itun.es/us/FXUXbb
https://www.instagram.com/k_shann0n/


Popular Posts