Bullying: What Happens When It Is Your Child

Chisa Barrett (bka) CB Talks, was born Chisa Perry on April 1, 1983 in Washington, DC. Chisa grew up in Laurel, MD and now resides in Oxon Hill, MD. Chisa has written Bullying: What Happens When It Is Your Child, as well as two other books. She has had articles published in an online publication called: Back2Eden News Mag. We have conducted an interview with her.


Do you write a column in any online publications?
I wrote a column called Make Me Pretty in a faith based online magazine called Back2Eden News Mag. Not only did I write a column, I had an article I wrote in the publication as well titled "Sleeping Giants" in the Vol. 6 Issue 2. I also graced the cover of Vol. 7 Issue 1.

What kind of articles do you write about for 'Back2Eden' news magazine? Which kind of topics do you speak about?
Make Me Pretty column was to inform people of natural healthy ways to care for their body head to toe. It was created to give a positive outlook on a natural experience which we all are of a natural substance. I wrote about natural care and Christian perspectives.

What is "Bullying: What happens when it is your child" about?
My book "Bullying: What Happens When It Is Your Child", came about during the time my son was being racially bullied. It tells the story of his trouble and victory. Many kids are bullied and it is overlooked until we see a suicide report on the news or in the papers.


Why did you choose to write books in the theme of 'bullying'?
It seems like building confidence in our children isn't a priority these days and that why I decided to write that particular book.

How do you promote healthy self-esteem? Why do you think it is important?
Without self-esteem there is no self-love which I believe gives mental stability in hard times. Telling children they're loved and special is important when promoting healthy self-esteem, it creates self-love which gives mental stability especially in youths.

Popular Posts