Rich Kids of Instagram - Interview with Kyle S. Parsons

Kyle S. Parsons has been getting a lot of attention recently after the Rich Kids of Instagram, Daily Mail UK, and Bild (Germany) featured him in various articles. He has been receiving mixed reviews from people either hating him for being more well off and other people thinking its cool and wanting to be like him. We have conducted an interview with him.

Kyle S. Parsons

When did you suddenly get a lot of attention by Rich Kids of Instagram? What happened?
In early 2015, the German based company 'Brag' found me one social media and started talking with me. I was featured on their website 'brag.cash' labeled as the "King of Brag." I was then invited to a VIP party in Hamburg that summer, where I flew out and met the founders of the company and was provided the royal treatment. Now fast forward to December 2015 when I found out I was featured in 3 international publications (Daily Mail UK, Bild, and one Italian publication) for the 'Rich Kids of Instagram.' My social media accounts started getting a lot more attention, and more and more people began to follow me. I have also been contacted by a few reality shows that document this sort of lifestyle, however, nothing is confirmed at the moment.

How do you feel about the reviews by those who thinks its cool and also wanting to be like you?
It is always nice to see when people comment on my pictures and liking my posts. I've had people message me and comment on my pictures that they want to be like me and strive to have my lifestyle, and it feels good. A lot of the reviews, however, have been more negative. It's important to have thick skin, especially when you're image is presented in a negative light.


What are your strengths and what would you think you would like to pursue in the near future?
I am getting my degree in Business Marketing and I want to work my way into an executive position of a high fashion company. Marketing is something that I believe I am very good at, and others are beginning to notice as well. I graduate next month, so I have been looking for jobs that are of interest. I have also co-founded a company with a group of friends, so it will be nice to officially launch it towards the end of the summer.

Who are your inspirations in life?
I love fashion and art. I do fine art modeling in Seattle; modeling for different paintings and sculptures. I like to be creative and have fun with what I am doing. I try my best to be comfortable with myself and try things that push me outside of my comfort zone.


Which are some of the coolest things you have ever encounter so far?
I have had the privilege of being able to travel around Europe multiple times and down around the Caribbean towards South America. Being able to experience different countries and cultures has been an eye opening experience and I wouldn't trade it for the world. When traveling to the Dominican Republic, it was interesting to see people that have so little (in terms of material possessions) but remain very happy and positive. It's completely different from traveling to more developed countries in Europe where the standard of living is much higher and people generally have more money.

In this period in time, where wealthy people are perceived so negatively, it's more common for me to see negative comments about my social media. I have had people call me names, write assumptions about who I am, and flat out tell me how horrible of a person I am. It use to bother me, but my core group of friends and family know what I am actually like and that's all that matters to me. I try not to take my social media too seriously, and I am completely aware of how obnoxious my posts are perceived online.

Popular Posts