Interview with Laine Faro

Tonight our guest is Laine Faro. She lives in Colorado with her husband of 29 years. She has 2 grown children and a new granddaughter. After her brain surgery for an aneurysm she decided to finally following her dream of writing. She used the recovery time as her therapy. We have conducted an interview with her.


As a writer, how much do you reveal about your own life in your books and stories? How do you determine how little or how much to tell? What is your comfort zone?
I am very open about my life. The more I connect with my readers, the better. I put something of myself in each book. It could be a job I had or a traumas I have gone through. I don't have a limit to my comfort zone. I try to be an open book.

With what criteria do you consider if readers would like to read more? How do you stay in touch with your readers?
I try and get reviews from the people who have read my book. I let them know when the next is available so they can continue with the series. I blog at least 5 times a week, Facebook post, Twitter post, and Instagram post daily.

For Book 3 of your 7 books about finding love after abuse, which is the most challenging part about crafting the key character?
In book 3 I have to change from 1st person to 3rd person to fully get the female character's story out. I have to watch how far I go in explaining the abuse. I don't want to trigger my readers, but I want the abuse story out there for others to know they aren't alone.

Did you ever cry after writing and re-reading your book? Which is the most emotional or heart wrenching story?
I rarely cry in life. I shut down in life because of trauma I have had. My characters work through their traumas in healthy ways that I didn't take. Book 4 will be the most emotional for me to write. It will involve a rape survivor, which I am. I will dig deep to tell the story.

Which is one of the settings/location set in your stories that you have written but you wish to see it in reality (if you can have it your way)?
All of my characters will be going to Italy in book 7. I look forward to seeing Italy myself, one day, and meeting family I have there.

Popular Posts